Wednesday, February 9, 2011

There's always one . . .

Okay, so Kevin finally made it home. All is good with the Stout world, right? Wrong! So my Monday started as one of those days you are pulling your hair out and bouncing your head off the wall.  To try and make things better, we go bowling. Thought process . . . Keep them active, the fighting, whining and everything else will stop.

Now back to the there is always one . . . Hope was the one! Bad day at bowling = CRAZY blonde girl
So of course the good parents we are say, "If you are going to pout you get to sit out, you are done for the game." Her response is I am going home.  I of course remember as a child my running away days and tell her fine just don't cross the street.  (Scene: the bowling alley is on base by a gas station, bbq place, car wash and across the street from Mainside. So very, very busy! )

Hope walks out of the bowling alley, I give her a minute then go to talk to her.  Brave girl really tries to walk home.  She crosses one of the main intersections at the light and everything.  I am so shocked I just stare at her, when I finally get to her. First thing I say, "You better pray that God saves you".  Of course the what were you thinking comes flying out and she simply states, "I told you I was going home and I waited for the cross walking sign".

Well, God saved her but she is grounded until she is old and gray!

No comments:

Post a Comment